Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hope this is ok to post here

Options
  • 02-08-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I have a 12 year old daughter, I have never missed paying my maintenance and in fact it used to be higher, I have been for the last 3- 4 years been paying 70 Euro a week to the mother ( we seperated after she was born ) now however due to circumstances in work I'm down now 80 Euro and what with the current climate I'm STRUGGLING big time, I approached the mother and asked could we reduce it to 50 Euro and she didnt seem to impressed even mentioning court!!??? HELP please???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Supes1 wrote: »
    I have a 12 year old daughter, I have never missed paying my maintenance and in fact it used to be higher, I have been for the last 3- 4 years been paying 70 Euro a week to the mother ( we seperated after she was born ) now however due to circumstances in work I'm down now 80 Euro and what with the current climate I'm STRUGGLING big time, I approached the mother and asked could we reduce it to 50 Euro and she didnt seem to impressed even mentioning court!!??? HELP please???
    If this is is court ordered maintenance, prepare proof of earnings and your expenditure for court. Go to your district court office and ask them to arrange a court date to have the maintenance you pay revised due to a change in your earnings. If the judge finds you cannot afford to pay any more than what you have been, then he / she will revise your order.

If it is just a casual arrangement you have, reduce the payment yourself. If she is unhappy with this, she can go to the district court office herself and look for a court date, which you will have a chance to show the judge that you cannot afford any more, and they will look into both sides earnings and expenditure and order what is fair.

Advertisement