Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yeasayer - Fragrant World

Options
  • 02-08-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

In order to beat the leakers to the punch Yeasayer have opted to release the songs off their third LP in a online scavenger hunt; it seems as though all the tunes have been uncovered and you can listen below!

Yeasayer - Fragrant World

I'm very fond of Yeasayer; they're yet another leftfield New York art-rock collective who have managed to fashion a happry marriage between oddball zaniness and a deft pop nous. Haven't had a chance to get my ears around this yet what with a pesky assignment that needs completing but I'll tune in sometime later in the evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Just listening to it now, on track 5, sounds pretty good so far! I think this could be better than Odd blood!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

My God, this album is stunning so far. The percussion on 'Longevity', the final two minutes of 'Blue Paper'. Only halfway in and it's a definite contender for Album of the Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

This news pleases me. I love their other two records, like you say a delightful balance between weirdness, zaniness and pop sensibility. I've never seen them live but I've heard tell of them sucking, which is a shame.

EDIT: I'm not feeling it so much. It's not as immediate as the last (which was itself a grower) and there seem to be a lot less great moments on it. That said, I listened on a laptop which is no way to hear music. I'm reserving judgement for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

pinksoir wrote: »
    This news pleases me. I love their other two records, like you say a delightful balance between weirdness, zaniness and pop sensibility. I've never seen them live but I've heard tell of them sucking, which is a shame.

Oh really? :/ I've never listened to Yeasayer before but am thinking of going seeing them live in September 'cause I really wanna see Trust, who are supporting them. Not sure if it's worth just paying to see a support act though if the main draw is gonna be sucky.

Still haven't given Yeasayer a proper listen though so can't really comment on them yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

ONE is one of the songs of the decade, well the quarter that's gone so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

I've never listened to Yeasayer before but am thinking of going seeing them live in September

Where are they playing do you know?

On the live issue, I seen them on Jools Holland before and I thought they were quite good

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

They're playing the Button Factory. I've seen them live 3 times and they have always put on an excellent gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

never heard of either band before the thread .Mixed feeling to date about Yeasayer...i get the feeling that their older stuff garnered alot of fans but the new stuff is different? ..still well liked and reviewed but it sounds 'busy'.the vocals don't do it for me at the mo..at least the tracks I checked...trust are hitting the spot though...kinda deer hunter/velvet condom slightly darker sound. Bulbform is a great song.

Where are they playing do you know?

Button Factory on the 30th of September. But I'll be moved over to England by then so I'm going seeing them in Manchester the night before!

Button Factory on the 30th of September. But I'll be moved over to England by then so I'm going seeing them in Manchester the night before!

cool you can let us know what to expect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I saw them in Dublin a few years back and thought they were excellent. Blew the fecking ears off me though!!

Presuming was cancelled as well..I see the Dublin gig is rescehuled for Dec 1..Wonder are Trust still supporting?

notnumber wrote: »
    Presuming was cancelled as well..I see the Dublin gig is rescehuled for Dec 1..Wonder are Trust still supporting?

Sadly Trust aren't supporting anymore. :( They have American/Canadian tour dates during all of November and December.

The Manchester gig has been rescheduled for December 3rd, currently in two minds about whether to still go or not. I do like Fragrant World the more I listen to it but with no Trust, not much money and my annoyance about them postponing the gig in the first place I'm not sure if I'll bother going

Advertisement