Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switcher Mortgage - Are they alive?

Options
  • 02-08-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks,
    Does anyone know if BOI will really provide a switcher mortgage (is it worthwhile even trying to go through the application process) at the moment. I'm looking to move from Ulster Bank after the latest debacle and also their variable mortgage interest rate is higher than most.

Kind Regards
    Noel
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi lysaghtn,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are very much open for business for mortgage customers and Switcher Mortgages are a product we offer. Each application is dealt with on a case by case basis and terms and conditions apply. You can find more information on Switcher Mortgages here. To speak to a mortgage advisor, you can call our Banking 365 Mortgages Team on 1890 365 850, or call your local branch.

Hope this helps.
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lysaghtn

Thanks Tara, I have already applied online and I was just wondering if I should expect a call or contact from your mortgage team or if I'd be waiting in vain. It sounds like from what your saying I should be getting some form of reply.

Kind Regards
    Noel

Hi Noel,

I will check what the turn around time is for call back and let you know asap.

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks Tara, that would be useful to know.

Hi Noel,

The Mortgages Team have come back to us. They aim to contact customers 24 - 48 hours after the application is made online. At the moment there are a high number of applications and so they have a slight back log. If you would like to pm us your name and contact number we can find out when you should expect to be contacted. They can also be reached on 1890 365 850 between 8am and 8pm if you would prefer to call them directly.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Thanks Tara, Early next week is fine. If I don't hear from the team by Wednesday or so I'll ring them on that number. Thanks a bunch for your help so far, it's good to know someone is listening on the far end.

For the community; I'll update the post with further details when I have them :)

Kind Regards
    Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Hi Tara,

I recently went into my local BOI, not the one I have an account with but the one beside were I work and was told by the Mortgage Advisor that BOI were no longer doing them despite the fact my LTV is still probably under 50%.

So the best way to applys is online, correct?

Thanks,

Hi Noel, Thanks for your kind feedback, it's much appreciated.

Cheers
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi bullvine,

Thanks for contacting us.

We would like to look into this further for you.

Can you please PM with your contact details and the branch you visited.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Thanks Billy, I sent my details there now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement