Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Cladding

Options
  • 02-08-2012 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,
    I am hopimg to erect timber cladding on the external wall of new build, I am think of treated black impregnated timer (rough finish) has anyone any suggestions on good information web sites and suppliers, I am located in the south east region,

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

There are quite a few timbers that work well - Iroko and Cedar are most popular in TG & V form. The key to any are the finish and the fixing. It should be also something like 200mm up from any ground or cills to avoid splash soakage. Why black?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Chicago90

Hey guys,
    I'm building a new house and I would love to have timber cladding on the porch but I don't want it to fade over time. I was looking at wpc cladding but I can't find anywhere in Ireland that does it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Reader1937 wrote: »
    There are quite a few timbers that work well - Iroko and Cedar are most popular in TG & V form. The key to any are the finish and the fixing. It should be also something like 200mm up from any ground or cills to avoid splash soakage. Why black?

Out of interest do you have to use copper/stainless steel nails. ? With a black stain any rusting won't show much but I'd imagine standard nails would rust in no time.
    Now that creosote is banned are you into using something like Sadolins preservative ? That stuff is expensive !

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pjsherry

I am also looking for WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) cladding for my house on the coast.. Have looked at DuraComposite but not much in the way of colour options or "wood-like" finish.. Quite a few in europe and asia would work but cannot find many options here in Ireland ... any ideas?

Advertisement