Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

never smoked in my life-thinking about trying a cigar for my birthday

Options
  • 02-08-2012 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

As above, have never smoked but for my 32nd birthday me and my mate are having a whiskey and cigar night. Now I have never smoked but would love to at least try a cigar. is this adviseable? any tips etc? do you inhale the smoke, I have no clue...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Whiskey + Cigar for a non smoker = pukefest
    Don't inhale.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭donal666

Gurgles right...assume you want to enjoy your b'day!! If you do try, don't even consider inhaling!!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

lol ok. I dont plan on making it a regular thinkg. Just purely for the day thats in it. im well able to handle my whiskey though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I don't understand cigars at all. Whats the point in smoking them if your not meant to inhale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Trying smoking something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

As above, have never smoked but for my 32nd birthday me and my mate are having a whiskey and cigar night. Now I have never smoked but would love to at least try a cigar. is this adviseable? any tips etc? do you inhale the smoke, I have no clue...:)
    well smoking is cool and birds love it.

Mayo_Boy wrote: »
    I don't understand cigars at all. Whats the point in smoking them if your not meant to inhale?
    Non smokers shouldn't inhale. Its like raising your glass in a toast but not drinking.

Smokers inhale.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

question on inhaling, surely once you light up and pull you will inhale it once the smoke hits the back of your throat?

Inhaling is when you pull smoke into your mouth and then take a breath to carry it right down into your lungs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Cigars arn't for inhaling (though some of us might do so on occasions). It's about the flavour in your mouth. A nicotene hit is absorbed through your mouth. Not inhaling a cigar is a difficult thing for cigarette smokers to do as they still have the inhale habit. As a non smoker you might enjoy a cigar more then a cigarette smoker would.

Don't buy the biggest cigar you can find.
    Don't try to finish your cigar in one go.

Talk to the shop assistants and get their advice on what to smoke.
    Cigar smoking is a learning experience and takes time to discover the many levels on which it's enjoyed. Like your first taste of beer or your first taste of wine it may not strike you as being pleasent but for those that perserver and aquire the taste it becomes a bit of an obsession. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement