Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mam has Multiple Sclerosis. Any advice?

Options
  • 01-08-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My mam has just been diagnosed with MS a few days ago. Shes getting her lumbar puncture test soon and is deciding on her medication at the moment. Just wondering if anyone's parents have it? And how do they be feeling and what can I do to make life easier for her? I'm completely Possitive about this and know its a matter of building her strength up bit just want to make life as easier as I can for her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Hi,

These guys are probably your best bet: http://www.ms-society.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭leex

Have a near enough family relative with MS. Diagnosed over 15 years ago. On Interferon injection as far as I know and this person is leading a normal life. Obviously different types etc so you can get mixed stories here. This is not the best place for detailed info. Main advice is stay positive, both you and your Mam.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Pm'd you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

See what neuro suggests. It's generally thought now that the sooner someone starts treatment, the better. Omega oils are helpful, as is vit B and D.

Advertisement