Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally got BF3 working on PC!!... or hav i?!

Options
  • 01-08-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭

So.... after having my bro's pc edition of BF3 the day before the actual game was released , i ended up installing it to no avail... problems arising at the end of the installation that i tried a few things for but couldnt get around to doing...

So ye... it was xbox from there on...

Tried it there the other day again this time being more confident as he had windows 7 pro on it now and people said it solved the problem. Which was correct!
    Game installed grand ... got to the server screen, started adding my mates, then load a game ( takes way longer than xbox to load? ) ... and i get into a game....

literally 2 mins in a cpu temp warning starts popping up and the game automatically stops because of it... backed out of the game... started again , turned everything from high/ultra down to low..... got like an extra minute out of it....

SO ye.... theres me pissed off wondering what the hell is wrong...
    SO i go check the pc stats..

i7 2.4 , 6gbs , 2gb nvidia gtx295......... And ye.. im confused once again...

So then i notice it .... the KEY thing............... a COOLER!... he doesnt have a fecking cooler fan!!!..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

SO lads, any ideas of a decent but cheap enough one to get , hopefully less than 60 euro? .... and are they all standard size ?... Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

How in gods name has the pc been operating without a cooler!?

Well, first thing, most CPU coolers are pretty cheap. What model i7 is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

How in gods name has the pc been operating without a cooler!?

Well, first thing, most CPU coolers are pretty cheap. What model i7 is it?

I knoW RIGHT!?... i couldnt believe it!

Its i7 920 2.6..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Something like this will do fine then. Free postage from komplett so its not such a bad price.

Cheers man! That seems perfect , hopefully delivery time will be quick and I'll be up and running soon! Will be interesting to see how fast I can level up again from the start :)

Are thy easy enough to install, I guess I'll
    Have to take the motherboard out to put it on Ye?

They can be a bit fiddly but generally its ok. Here's a thread guiding through the installation of that very model

• Advertisement

Brilliant man thanks :)

No problemo. Now back to stormwatching ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

don't forget the thermal paste if you don't have any!

unfortunately, komplett have a fairly poor, but expensive selection.

www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/cooling_paste__glue/10009183/cooler_master_htk_002_u1_thermal_paste_white/details.aspx

Thermal paste is included with the cooler

Advertisement