Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a hurley and helmet

Options
  • 01-08-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if anyone has a 26 inch hurley and a helmet suitable for a seven year old that they no longer need. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

You should be able to get them at your local GAA club at a discounted price as they are subsidized by the GAA.

Alternatively you could hit up adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

You should be able to get them at your local GAA club at a discounted price as they are subsidized by the GAA.

Alternatively you could hit up adverts.ie
    Local gaa club or the gaa rep in the primary school would have them at reduced prices. Helmet prices in sports stores are nuts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you do manage to get a helmet off someone make sure that it hasn't been modified or damaged and is ISO compliant, GAA teams & players are insured once the helmets meet the necessary standards and haven't been modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Lidl or aldi have em now at moment I got some other day for my mates young lad he's only six

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Lidl or aldi have em now at moment I got some other day for my mates young lad he's only six

Wouldnt trust them tbh,
    Lidl got into awful trouble a few years back for selling hurling helmets that weren't up to scratch.

Stick to the known brands.
    Cooper,Mycro,Marc,azzuiri etc.
    They are all approved helmets so you know for certain your 100% covered if worst comes to worst
    and mycro helmets are available through local GAA clubs for a discounted price (€30 I think).

I have a personal preference for cooper helmets myself :) even though they are the most expensive

• Advertisement
Advertisement