Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in South Tipp

Options
  • 01-08-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a broadband provider in the Nine Mile House area of South Tipp.

I have rang a few incl. UPC and they said they don't offer it in my area.

Anyone know of any good broadband providers in the area?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Try http://www.premierbroadband.net/

I know a few people fairly close to you that are with them, and are happy with the service. Their site doesn't look like it's been updated for a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thehorse

dont go within a horses roar of them.

they have a crap service, crap customer service and their systems are always down.

waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,410 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Irish Farmer's Association Broadband maybe?

I've never used them, but it might be available to you.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Irish Farmer's Association Broadband maybe?

I've never used them, but it might be available to you.

Didn't even know they had that service available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

There is a fella in the Clonmel area who has set up a wireless broadband servie wher you put a reciever box on your wall. My sister says its fast and it costs 200 to install. BUT this guy/company is a small outfit serving this part of the country only. He is a bit of a maverick by all accounts - for his transmitter, he was denied planning permission for a mast but did a typically Irish cute hoorish chicanery move of getting around it by buying an old mobile crane, parking it in his fathers farmyard and hoisting his transmitter up on that. You will see it from the N24 between Cahir and Clonmel on the left as you go westbound. As for "customer service" you will be ringing himself on his mobile and he calls out to do installation/service himself also. However I have heard the broadband service he does is fairly good and reliable.

• Advertisement

There is a fella in the Clonmel area who has set up a wireless broadband servie wher you put a reciever box on your wall. My sister says its fast and it costs 200 to install. BUT this guy/company is a small outfit serving this part of the country only. He is a bit of a maverick by all accounts - for his transmitter, he was denied planning permission for a mast but did a typically Irish cute hoorish chicanery move of getting around it by buying an old mobile crane, parking it in his fathers farmyard and hoisting his transmitter up on that. You will see it from the N24 between Cahir and Clonmel on the left as you go westbound. As for "customer service" you will be ringing himself on his mobile and he calls out to do installation/service himself also. However I have heard the broadband service he does is fairly good and reliable.

From your description of the crane I reckon you mean http://www.munsterwireless.com/ . I dont' think they cover the OP's area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭haulagebasher

Aye, thats him alright. He's a neighbour of mine. Class character too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

We also live out in the sticks in an area without even decent mobile reception and got Qsat (Niall Quinn's company). They put an absolutely massive satellite dish up on the wall but at least we have the internet - can even watch youtube now!

There's also http://www.permanet.ie/New/ . Looks like thy may cover your area OP

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Is there anyone using with www.munsterwireless.com? what are the speeds and ping like? (http://speedtest.net/
    I have 3 mid band at the mo and the speeds in the evening time are crap less then 0.5Mbps.
    I see from the web site they offer 1M and 2M(I assume Mb not MB), are these speeds achievable in the evening times?

What is the download limit or the fair play usage limit? I cant see any figures about it on the web site...
    Also how reliable is the service?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Am up in clerihan just outside clonmel on Vodafone yet still barely getting 1mb download advertised 8mb , line capable of 3 mb. Surely somebody in the area could be getting better with that ?? Anybody ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭btb

Am on same exchange but with eircom, getting 1.8mb down on 3mb package but am over 5km from exchange. Took that package for the extra's and will live with limitations for the moment. There are wireless options in the village, premier was the only option I had but moved on from them when the exchange was enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

Having to turn router on and off a lot . God it's pathetic

decies wrote: »
    Having to turn router on and off a lot . God it's pathetic

Did you try and contact Vodafone about your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

Have just signed up with 3 Broadband outside of Cahir, just outside the NBS area. Was told signal still good enough for 7.5Mb. Not even getting 0.5 .

Meant to be 18 month contract but had option of 7 day return. Have rang them several times, customer service is appalling. Based abroad, horrific VOIP system and reps really difficult to understand. Spent about 3.5 hours trying to cancel it and have lost my will to live.

Emailed them and went ballistic, said I wouldn't deal with them over the phone anymore. Just cancel it. They reply and say I have to call them and go through a big rigmarole with various departments so they can authorise the cancellation.

They won't even give you a return address without all this BS. Tempted to just F it in the bin and block their direct debits (only issue is I signed up for a bill phone too, which actually works really well).

Anyone have any BB recommendations for Kilmoyler area???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

pooch90 wrote: »
    Have just signed up with 3 Broadband outside of Cahir, just outside the NBS area. Was told signal still good enough for 7.5Mb. Not even getting 0.5 .

Meant to be 18 month contract but had option of 7 day return. Have rang them several times, customer service is appalling. Based abroad, horrific VOIP system and reps really difficult to understand. Spent about 3.5 hours trying to cancel it and have lost my will to live.

Emailed them and went ballistic, said I wouldn't deal with them over the phone anymore. Just cancel it. They reply and say I have to call them and go through a big rigmarole with various departments so they can authorise the cancellation.

They won't even give you a return address without all this BS. Tempted to just F it in the bin and block their direct debits (only issue is I signed up for a bill phone too, which actually works really well).

Anyone have any BB recommendations for Kilmoyler area???

Post it here pooch90 if haven't done so already. 3 reps will get it sorted for you. They are Irish so shouldn't be any misunderstandings in your request.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

Maybe a bit of help who knows but your area did come under the rural broadband scheme applicable areas. Don't worry 3 wasn't involved in this one was mostly local wireless providers. Call the DCENR see did anyone near your area have any success with it.

http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/NR/rdonlyres/44A3564F-6CC5-473C-B6EA-988E2D7E571A/0/Tipperary.pdf

Good luck with finding a provider.

Advertisement