Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll mate swim watch

Options
  • 01-08-2012 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,

Just inadvertently placed this query in Game of Thrones thread.... Apologies.

Can anyone help me find a place that can reliably replace the batteries on my pool mate watch. I live in Louth and have tried numerous places to no avail. Short of sending it back to swim o vate in England which is time consuming and expensive. I looked through the threads but couldn't find an answer so forgive me if this has been covered. Has anyone had experience and can point me in the right direction? Assistance greatly appreciated!

Don Q

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

As far as I know, the only option is to send it back to Swimovate - they charge around 25 euros for battery replacement, watch service & software update (whatever they are).

Their turnaround time is pretty quick - within a week

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Don Q

Thanks finelli. Had a reply from swim o vate quoting £25 stg or as they said themselves " alternatively bring the watch locally to any jeweller or watch repair centre and tell them it's a waterproof watch". This has proved somewhat easier said than done. Three of us have these watches mine the first to need battery replacement. So we are all hoping to find a reasonable reliable solution for the future. Was just throwing it out there.....

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

My battery is still going strong but the strap began to crack, so it was only a matter of time until I lost it to the deep blue sea

I contacted them by email - they quoted £21.49 for strap, battery, service(??) & software update(??).
    (No option for just the strap)
    They sent a paypal request for the money.

I sent the watch off last week & they contacted me on Tuesday to say they've sent it back - just waiting for it to arrive now.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Sorry to drag up an old thread but has anyone found anywhere in Ireland that'll replace a Pool Mate battery? Costing upwards of E35 to send it to the UK for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The only (recommended) place you can send these is to the manufacturer who open the watch, replace the battery AND the sealing gasket, test for waterproofing, ensuring there are no leaks before sending it back to you.

You could try it yourself with a precision screwdriver set, battery is about €3.00, but if the seal is damaged or lost..... watch is FUBAR.

Considering €15 of the cost is registered post, its not that bad a deal when you should get 12-18 months from the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I get mine replaced in Mister Mint - a shoe repair shop that does watch batteries. No issues so far. Fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

I changed the battery in mine myself and it works fine, been in the pool loads since then.
    It is fairly fiddly though, you would want to be sure everything goes back the way it came out.
    Be careful with the little heads on the screws, would be easy enough to wear one out if you had wrong sized screwdriver.

Advertisement