Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mam died two weeks ago and I can't stop thinking...

Options
  • 01-08-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Is she still here watching over me or if she's gone totally.

My couisin who recently lost her Dad is convinced he is still there with them every day watching over them and that there are little signs from her Dad to say he is still there. I wonder is it just that they want to believe that he is still around for comfort. I feel very alone and that she is gone, it would be lovely to think that she is still lingering. I asked my sister and she said knowing Mam that's she'd have gotten the hell out of dodge.

Just wondering if people still feel if there loved one is still there keeping an eye on them or once they are gone they are gone.

Thanks,

a heart broken pink pig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do think they stay with us and keep an eye on us. I had someone dear to me pass on last year, and all of a sudden feathers kept appearing everywhere. The first one was quite big, flew right in front of me into my sitting room from the balcony, I was blown away! Ask for a sign from them, they will send you something. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

pinkpigs wrote: »
    Is she still here watching over me or if she's gone totally.

My couisin who recently lost her Dad is convinced he is still there with them every day watching over them and that there are little signs from her Dad to say he is still there. I wonder is it just that they want to believe that he is still around for comfort. I feel very alone and that she is gone, it would be lovely to think that she is still lingering. I asked my sister and she said knowing Mam that's she'd have gotten the hell out of dodge.

Just wondering if people still feel if there loved one is still there keeping an eye on them or once they are gone they are gone.

Thanks,

a heart broken pink pig

Unmistakably, every day guiding you

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Whether or not she's still here watching you is not something that anyone can tell you, as it's only ever going to be a matter of opinion - not fact - it's down to your own personal beliefs.

I, personally, do not believe in an afterlife, nor do I believe that the deceased linger on earth in any shape or form. It's not an idea that would give me any comfort, anyways.

What I do believe is that, if you make a positive impact on those around you during your life, your spirit will carry on in those people after you're gone. You will have changed their lives and helped to form the personalities and characters of those around you.

It sounds as though you were very close to your mother. I do not doubt that she had a massive effect on yourself and your sister, and is very much a part of both of you. So, in that sense, my belief is not that she's watching you - but that she is very much part of you (and your sister for that matter), and always will be.

Advertisement