Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there such an app were..

Options
  • 31-07-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭

it automatically syncs my itunes folder to my external HDD anytime new music is added to iTunes?

Still a mac noob, I can't find anything that does the job.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Why do you want to do this? For backup? If so just use Time Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Why do you want to do this? For backup? If so just use Time Machine.

Because I needed to reinstall OSX recently and I had lost a lot of music and photos between the time I made the backup I used and time I needed to reinstall OSX.

I made an image backup. I was this wasn't a good idea in hindsight, but I liked the idea of all my apps and setting being the exact same when reinstalling OSX

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Use Time Machine then. It will backup every hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

^ I find every hour a real PITA, it's excessive.

It only takes a minute. But if it bothers you that much you can turn automatic backup off and initiate it manually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭OU812

Takes longer than a minute for me. Every time I step away from it for five minutes, the thing churns along

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

After going through a couple of pages of threads on macrumors, chronosync seems to be the best.

Advertisement