Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social: Definitely not the August Olympic Beers

Options
  • 31-07-2012 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Any chance of a poll? :D

What day suits you best for August Beers? 24 votes

Friday 3rd
    0%
    Saturday 4th
    4%
    83ste 1 vote
    Friday 10th
    4%
    83ste 1 vote
    Saturday 11th
    12%
    Fysh83steWoolly_Jumper 3 votes
    Friday 17th
    12%
    Fysh83steWoolly_Jumper 3 votes
    Saturday 18th
    4%
    83ste 1 vote
    Friday 24th
    8%
    83steWoolly_Jumper 2 votes
    Saturday 25th
    8%
    philologosWoolly_Jumper 2 votes
    Friday 31st
    4%
    Woolly_Jumper 1 vote
    Saturday 1st September
    16%
    FyshphilologosJack B. Badd83ste 4 votes
    Other (post in thread)
    25%
    Fyshenda1philologosJack B. Badd83steWoolly_Jumper 6 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other (post in thread)
    I'd been thinking about this but had originally figured with the Olympics on there'd be no point. I'll add a poll sure and we can see what the story is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Other (post in thread)
    The Great British Beer Fest is on next week & we've tickets for the 11th. Anyone else going? We could make it a mini beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other (post in thread)
    Basically anything except 24th/25th is good for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

All a bit dicey for me and himself at the moment between visitors and weddings and stuff in August and Sept.. so whatever is chosen I'll do my best to attend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

The Great British Beer Fest is on next week & we've tickets for the 11th. Anyone else going? We could make it a mini beers.

I should be there that day. I have a ticket for the Tuesday but don't think I'll be able to resist a second visit. The Saturday last year was nice and quiet in Earls Court so hopefully it's the same in the new venue!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Other (post in thread)
    Alright, I'm calling it.

This Saturday is an informal beers at the CamRA Great British Beer Festival. The venue is the Olympia (address Hammersmith Road, London, W14 8UX). Nearest Tube station is Kensington. Tickets cost £8 (£6 for CamRA members), and there will be food & soft drinks available.

If you want to come along and haven't been to a previous Beers, PM me so we can swap numbers.

The next "proper" Beers shall be on the 1st of September, at a relatively central location (eg the Ship & Shovell, since we haven't been there in a while) with some form of food outing beforehand. Details closer to the date, unless it becomes apparent that the Paralympics will completely screw with the viability of this plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

Other (post in thread)
    I'd be a bit of a fifth wheel at a beer festival, but let me know if you're doing anything after - definitely in for Saturday 1st though.

Other (post in thread)
    serrity wrote: »
    I'd be a bit of a fifth wheel at a beer festival, but let me know if you're doing anything after - definitely in for Saturday 1st though.

Heh, you could always troll the CamRA crowd and pretend you're just not drinking because you don't rate what they've got on offer ;)

Advertisement