Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons

Options
  • 31-07-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Whos good in limerick , its for a boy

best rates , and whos the best instructor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

A-Cert school of motoring, Top class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

W86indow wrote: »
    and whos the best instructor

This depends as some instructors will click with one person and not with another. If you can ring around a few of the recommendations you get here and meet the person before taking the lessons. No point in getting the cheaper lessons from someone you can't stand the sight of.

The guy at Rainbow is a gentleman, got me through without a hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

Leonards School of Motoring is probably known to be the best. Most people would know Eileen Leonard. Does not take any prisoners and gets the job done!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,723 ✭✭✭✭phog

This is an often asked question and I always reply Shannonside School of Motoring, Tom O'Mahony (061 454059), he's the best there is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

That's the thing with driving lessons, most of us only have the experience of one, so is very hard to gauge who the best is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

phog wrote: »
    This is an often asked question and I always reply Shannonside School of Motoring, Tom O'Mahony (061 454059), he's the best there is.

This guy did wonders for me a few years back. Got me out of a lot of bad habits!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

+1 for Tom O Mahoney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Feck can't remember his first name but the surnames Collopy, he was a legend. It was a while back failed my first test so i went to him. I Learned more from him in 1 session than i did with the previous instructor with about 10 lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simoriartynead

I went to Joe Chawke for lessons this year, thought he was very good!! I was very nervous when I started but he's very patient and is good at explaining things! He had started using visual aid video things as well! also if you use his car it has the dual controls would recommend to anyone just starting to drive..had a few moments myself when they were most definitely needed!! His classes were 30 for an hour, sometimes he used to go over the hour but never under!! I went to another instructor before who used to say 11 o clock and wouldnt turn up until ten past and drop off again at 10 to or 5 to, so I changed to Joe- would highly recommend him! he has a website if you want to google him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Feck can't remember his first name but the surnames Collopy, he was a legend. It was a while back failed my first test so i went to him. I Learned more from him in 1 session than i did with the previous instructor with about 10 lessons.

That would be Sean Collopy, I've heard mixed reviews, majority negative!!
    I'm trying to remember the details of the guy that thought me, a young guy called Niall, he was brilliant!! I'll try dig out his contact details!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Marquis de Sade

Did my test on Monday with a "reputed" hard tester. Passed comfortably at the first try, driving since april, the main mistake was the right turn at the Unicorn and I knew I had screwed it up as I didn't advance when the light was green, I stayed at the line when I should have moved forward waiting for a break in traffic.

I said I would post if I passed, so my instructor was Des Bannon, LTD school of Motoring Raheen. I really doubted that I would pass, he insisted that I was ready for the test, without his motivation, I'd have put it off for months. He drills the route into you so even when you have the usual nerves, it still allows you the margin of error required to pass the test. Also, he won't do Pre-tests and tell you you're great if that isn't the case.

Can't compare to other instructors but I have to say that he was excellent. No wasting lessons on the Raheen Industrial Estate and as soon as possible in to lessons on your own car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corkboy10

any recommendations for bus lessons in cork anyone???

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

corkboy10 wrote: »
    any recommendations for bus lessons in cork anyone???

Try asking the nice people of the Cork City forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

phog wrote: »

+100

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

Graduate school of motoring (€25)

He also gives truck lessons :)

Mike shine is his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭missmaw

Nicky30 wrote: »
    Graduate school of motoring (€25)

He also gives truck lessons :)

Mike shine is his name.

I don't know if his sister Irene is still teaching but myself and 2 or 3 other friends were taught by her and all passed first go. I was with her from day one and she is very patient, friendly and an excellent instructor

Advertisement