Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosfet for an AUG

Options
  • 31-07-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Is a mosfet worth installing in an AUG running an 8.4V NIMH battery? and if so given the AUGs peculiar wiring how do I go about installing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

HowtoAB-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Thanks Thermo, the diagram clears things up. Its a bit messy to do considering the state of the original wiring and soldering, brutal. I might be wise to have spare trigger contacts to hand in case I muck it up. Is a mosfet worth the hassle in a nimh setup? Most people seem to add them for lipos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

is there not a problem with lockup of the gear box with Mosfets on Nimh or 7.7 lipos?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

thegrayson wrote: »
    Thanks Thermo, the diagram clears things up. Its a bit messy to do considering the state of the original wiring and soldering, brutal. I might be wise to have spare trigger contacts to hand in case I muck it up. Is a mosfet worth the hassle in a nimh setup? Most people seem to add them for lipos.

the jg aug a3's came with a mofset installed from the factory. and only gave a nimh with the gun, the mofset will increase the lifespan of your contacts.
    you can get fairly large capacity 7.4v 20C+ li-po's to fit in an aug which will give a similar performance to a decent 9.6v "regular" battery.
    is there not a problem with lockup of the gear box with Mosfets on Nimh or 7.7 lipos?

never had this problem in the past. :)

Advertisement