Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greg Loughran, Owen Roddy & Paddy Holohan sign with Cage Warriors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

CAGE WARRIORS has today added top Irish stars Owen Roddy and Paddy Holohan to its roster of fighters.

The SBG pair have signed exclusive five-fight contracts to compete under the CWFC banner over the next 18 months.

Exclusive?

We've heard this before then see fighters fighting on other promotions, is it actually exclusive or are they just signed up for 5 fights?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

So will Roddy have his 5 fights within the 18 months? Thats a big increase considering he has been fighting once a year on average for the past while. And will he be making a move to Bantamweight?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭CageWarriors

cowzerp wrote: »
    Exclusive?

We've heard this before then see fighters fighting on other promotions, is it actually exclusive or are they just signed up for 5 fights?

Its EXCLUSIVE.

Previously CWFC has released fighters to fight on other promotions now with 17 shows per year fighters are contracted to the promotion.

VETERAN Irish lightweight Greg Loughran has committed his future to Cage Warriors Fighting Championship by signing an exclusive five-fight deal to cover the next 18 months.

http://www.cagewarriors.com/news/article/loughran_links_up_with_cage_warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭00benski

Thats a big oul blow to cage contender, does this mean that they will have to give up the belts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Roddy's relinquished his belt according to one website anyway (I can't remember which, there's a lot of them serving the same function and breaking the same stories).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Powerhouse MMA asked me some questions on it today:
    When did you hear about the news that Roddy and Holohan would be leaving?

John Kavanagh spoke to me about it around the middle of last week. I had a quick chat with Owen on Friday afternoon and my message was simple, do what you feel is best for you and your family we will be behind you 100% regardless of your decision.

Were you expecting this news?

It's pretty safe to say that it didn't come as too much of a shock, the boys are at the top of their game and fresh from wins in the biggest fights of their careers last week of course they are going to become targets for other promotions.

How do you feel about having one of your champions and a challenger leave?

My feelings don't really come in to it, the important factor in this is the fighters.

No promotion likes to lose a champion but we have to be realistic. CWFC are now a big budget promotion who are offering these guys the chance to fight internationally and if this helps them realise their ambitions then its great. We are always happy to see fighters progress and earn more money, we wish them the best for their future and thank them for their effort with Cage Contender in the past.

Any plans on what will be done next to crown a new champion?

I am looking at a few options, but this set of circumstances won't change a thing in what we do at Cage Contender.
    We have given almost all of the top fighters in Ireland today their first fights on television and we are proud of any small part we have played in helping them along towards their career goals. I said in the press a number of months ago that Irish MMA was in a position where the current crop of stars would soon be flying the nest and a new breed would be coming through. looks right I was spot on!

Cage Contender are looking forward to bringing the next wave of fighting talent to masses!!

Any messages for the lads?

Keep winning :)

CAGE WARRIORS has secured the signature of top UK lightweight prospect Chris Fishgold on an exclusive five-fight contract.

The deal will commit the unbeaten Liverpool native to the organisation for the next 18 months.
    http://www.cagewarriors.com/news/article/cage_warriors_capture_fishgold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Why has it changed that Roddy can't defend his belt on CC shows but Cathal and Chris are allowed to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭gerryg80

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Why has it changed that Roddy can't defend his belt on CC shows but Cathal and Chris are allowed to ?

Different contracts maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Is the hooligan still fighting paddy doc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Is the hooligan still fighting paddy doc?

As far as I can see yes (but I might be wrong), this match was already agreed so no reason why it would not go ahead.

I see Holohan taking it in the first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Holohans out now , Clan wars getting a replacement

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

Maybe cage warriors could line it up??

Bit of a grudge match

Advertisement