Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long did it take you to reach veteran

Options
  • 31-07-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

It took me 49 hours to reach veteran 1. Just curious how long it took others.Bf3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

It all depends on how you want to play the game and your SPM.

If you tend to fly around in a jet or sit back and sniper, it will take longer.
    If you play in a squad and try to capture flags etc it will be shorted.

Also then skill level and gametype come into play. It's all relative really, and isn't much of an indicator of anything as there are so many variables.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

By veteran i assume u mean rank 45 (Colonel) No idea that was a LONG time ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

81 hours.

I would estimate the first 20+ hours was a very hard slog. Getting used to weapons, defining my style, even learnin to adapt my style to suit different matches. A lot of progress was made when I figured out the game mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I wouldnt even know how long it took.. just happened one day!

Its all bull**** anyway coz if you played non-stop during all the double xp weekends then you'd rocket your way up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I've actually gotten bored of it now. Premium is not going to happen. I bought elite and an not falling for that crap again. Also I agree with other posters. I never played battle field before this one. I was a complete noob at the start. I had a Kdr of 0.74. I have managed to bring it up to 1.35 now though. It's mechanics are a lot more realistic that other games. I levelled up relatively fast. It took be a the first week of my holidays. I just played seine crossing max tickets tdm. I also played lone wolf. I had no friends playing bf. I guess this would also effect my spm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I never played battle field before this one. I was a complete noob at the start. I had a Kdr of 0.74. I have managed to bring it up to 1.35 now though.

complete noob with a k/d of .74?!

after 49 levels i have .598 although i'm claiming complete ignorance as i was without playing any PC games never mind FPS's for 6+ years.

All i had was a PC with COD games and no online.

jesus how did i ever survive!

huh just looking at my history screen now and as my k/d goes up my w/l goes down...

215369.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

heh also can you spot the double xp/points weekends?

I stayed away for most of the week long one as i was stuck in an epic civ v game

Advertisement