Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you collect jobseekers benefit on a tuesday?

Options
  • 30-07-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hello,

I have just put in a claim for JB- and been received a letter stating to collect every wednesday.

can anyone tell me if it is possible t collect on tuesday- for example if due to childcare issues etc. - if I can get a lift to town on a mon/tuesday and there is someone to mind kids- can I collect tuesday in most post offices?

have worked for 20 years and never claimed anything- so not sure what is the hard and fast rule on a day early?

Many Thanks,

o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

no, if its due to go in on a wed thats the day you have to collect , it will be left in the post office for 3days after if you dont collect on the wed....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

No but you could collect it between Wednesday and Saturday (if the post office is opened then).

It is there also till Monday for myself but the official statement is it's help for three days, so best be getting there by Satuday.

Advertisement