Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance and part-time work

Options
  • 30-07-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have an interview for a 3 day a week part time job coming up. If i get it my total income from that and days on jobseekers allownace will add up to around 250 euro. I am wondering will this result in my rent allowance being reduced?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Very possibly, Yes. It all depends on what the max RA is in your area. Give your CWO a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭dasa29

this is whats on the citizensinformation site,

Income disregards for Rent Supplement claims before 5 June 2007

Income from the following sources was not taken into account in the assessment of Rent Supplement claims made before 5 June 2007:
    •Family Income Supplement
    •€60 of additional income from part-time employment, including Community Employment Schemes. If your earnings from employment are between €60 and €90 only half of your earnings between €60 and €90 is taken into account. (For example, if you are earning €90 only €15 is taken into account).

•€60 of additional income from participation in approved training courses, for example, FÁS skills training courses. If your earnings are between €60 and €90 only half of your earnings between €60 and €90 is taken into account. For example, if you are earning €90 only €15 is taken into account.

•€120 from rehabilitative training or employment if you are in receipt of Disability Allowance. Any earnings over €120 from rehabilitative training or employment will affect your Rent Supplement.

•If you are on a One-Parent Family Payment, up to €95.23 of maintenance payments is deemed to be for rent. Half of any amount above this is taken into account as means, and will affect your One-Parent Family Payment. The first €95.23 of any maintenance you receive is taken into account when calculating your Rent Supplement, but maintenance above €95.23 up to a limit of €155.23 is disregarded. Half of any maintenance you get between €155.23 and €185.23 is taken into account. All maintenance above €185.23 is taken into account when calculating your Rent Supplement.

•Supplementary Welfare Allowance (SWA) rate for your household circumstances

•Child Benefit
    •Mobility Allowance
    •Foster care payments from the Health Service Executive
    •Payments for accommodating children under the Child Care Act
    •Income from Gaeltacht students
    •Grants or allowances from schemes promoting the welfare of blind people

hope this helps you.

Advertisement