Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Removal

Options
  • 30-07-2012 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

I got GBB M4 kit landing shortly but unfortunatly it has , imo, some rather naff looking trades:

GP-MB-GP707B-AG-1.jpg

I want to remove the large logos but if possible leave safe/semi/auto intact.

Would anyone have a workable way to do this? If it comes to it Ill strip the whole lower with Nitro and then Krylon it black again. Id rather just get rid of the cartoony trades themselves. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Haribo1358

if you look at "safe" it actually says save

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

yes...I dont mind that, I actually like it.

so do you know how to remove my frog without damaging finish underneath?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I don't think it's possible. As soon as you apply (lets say white spirit in this example) to the piece, and start to rub/scrub the logo away, you'll take the back finish with it.

Your best bet would be to remove the entire paint, and do it yourself (Will probably lose the Save, semi and Full) OR buy a new body with trades you do like. There's plenty of blank bodies available out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

Thought as much, Ill just strip and paint the whole lower then, lack of trades is fine I suppose (would be nice tho) so plain black it is.
    Its a quality receiver anyway, no point shelling out €150 for the sake of a frog at this point. One of these days Ill get a Prime!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭jamrole

snip

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Put on a mag well grip..job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Amazing Spiderman

I think thats a pretty badass frog

Advertisement