Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused!

Options
  • 30-07-2012 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, new to this stuff so bare with me!
    Okay,
    My wife and I were married for 26 years and have two teenage kids.
    She started working late and all the usual tell tale signs, I confronted her and she said all was fine and that she loved me.
    It carried on and it got like a was a single parent already, cooking and cleaning after the kids and getting the jobs done.
    I confronted her and said ' I know you're not happy - lets talk about it'
    Then after a six hour grocery trip??! she returned and burst into tears and told me that she had been having an affair for the last twelve months.
    I suggested that we should give counselling a go and try and work this out - but she would have none of it, it was as if now she had been honest she just wanted out.
    She has been living with her younger new man and his teenage daughter for 5 months now but doesn't seem overly happy - I still see her two or three times a week as the kids wont go to his house or have anything to do with him.
    Problem is I'm still as in love with her as when we were married and cannot get any closure on this as she says I did nothing wrong, I was a great husband and father.
    I really don't know what to do - she doesn't want a divorce, most of her stuff is still here and she wants to be best friends.

HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - if you are looking for advice on your relationship you might be better with this thread in the Relationship forum - if so please just let us know and I will move it.

Alternatively if you are looking for advice around Separation and/or Divorce this is the right forum for you and no action is needed.

Thanks
    Taltos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

O.p. I suggest you go to marriage counseling by yourself. its ok to go on your own.

Advertisement