Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure if this is a hoax or not.

Options
  • 30-07-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

However I did in my warped mind find it both funny and strangely satisfying.

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST AD
    To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
    Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message. First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan.. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!] I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb .... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car. Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone. Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what 's going on with that? Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).
    ;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi, Alex

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Same as yourself Rube :D

On one hand you're thinking ffs your man went a bit overboard but on the other hand......:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

It is good to see I am not the only one Chuck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Chucken wrote: »
    Same as yourself Rube :D

On one hand you're thinking ffs your man went a bit overboard but on the other hand......:pac::pac::pac:
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If it's true, the guy's a total idiot.
    Fine the guy attempted to mug, he fought back, scared the crap out of him. Yay.

Then he didn't call the police, he robbed the guy himself?
    That's fabulous, but not legal, he'd probably get away with that, especially since he donated the clothes and wallet.

After that he's lost me though.
    Using the credit card - not clever, the credit card company aren't going to care what sort of victim mr marine was, all they'll care about is getting their money back from the guy who actually spent it and going after the stolen credit card. He stole that money from the credit card company not the mugger.

The same for the phone calls on the mobile. Unlikely the mugger will have to pay for those, either the insurance or the phone company.

Then breaking a random strangers windshield and keying their car, how on earth is that justified by you getting mugged? That's just being a criminal yourself because you think you have an excuse. Some poor fecker is going to have to deal with that and their insurance rates going up because of it.

The threatening messages are just utterly idiotic though. The FBI and co won't think for a second mugger made them. They'll just trace the movements of the phone from GPS and show right up at Mr. Marine's house. They'd have found threatening calls about Obama and the DA about as funny as the airport authorities found that twitter message.

(it's ok, because it is a hoax)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Don't care if it is a wind up or not, I just enjoyed reading it. It reminds me of Crocodile Dundee when he said, 'you call that a knife........now this, is a knife!' Brilliant! Great visualisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Great story but a spoof, I imagine. Scan it through SNOPES for credibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Is no one else picking up on the fact that the guy was given a firearm for his birthday? Nothing says 'i love you!' like a loaded gun.

God bless America, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Except Ms May West - ".......... or are you pleased to see me?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Steady on, Spread! That's almost 'Blue' country there. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement