Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm back :D

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Looks great, I'd just change the Motherboard or the PSU. You have a CF motherboard but you'd be cutting it way too close with just a 550 watt.

Either get a 650 watt (minimum) PSU or drop down to a Z77 Pro3 (or 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Craig B

Then I think I'll up to a A-DATA 850w for the same price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Got a little room in that budget to throw in an SSD for faster OS startup? ;)

Edit : N/m I see you already have one included. I have no idea about reputation of that brand of drive. Are they as reliable as samsung/crucial ones?

Craig B wrote: »
    Then I think I'll up to a A-DATA 850w for the same price?

Yeah, that'd be a good idea.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Got a little room in that budget to throw in an SSD for faster OS startup? ;)

Edit : N/m I see you already have one included. I have no idea about reputation of that brand of drive. Are they as reliable as samsung/crucial ones?

From what I read yes, the only thing is it cuts out something that I cant quite remember the name of so that windows gives you all 128 GB instead of 120 GB, i think its somewhere in here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

That seems a little much to be spending on RAM. I also don't see a CPU cooler, beyond the stock one. SSD seems a bit small for a build this expensive.

Craig B wrote: »
    From what I read yes, the only thing is it cuts out something that I cant quite remember the name of so that windows gives you all 128 GB instead of 120 GB, i think its somewhere in here

That actually look like an OK SSD, Adata are fairly reputable.

If you want to maximise your SSD's performance, have a look at Monotype's guide in the PC Building 101 thread.

Oh yeah, will this do? And like I said I'll be multitasking alot and its only 40 euro more that 8GB of the same RAM. Komplett isn't the best for RAM but it'll have to do.

You could save yourself money by going with cheaper ram and 4x4GB - you defo seem to be missing the CPU cooler if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT - Bloody hell Komplett are expensive on RAM. You'll be paying delivery on every item you buy from them.

You could save yourself money by going with cheaper ram and 4x4GB - you defo seem to be missing the CPU cooler if I'm not mistaken.

Well 2X8 GB will be better for the dual channel, the cooler is in my last post.

EDIT I'm using the pickup if thats what your saying

• Advertisement

There are arguments that 4 x 4GB is faster but really we are talking some very very small numbers here. You'd be far better off with a bigger SSD and better cooling solution for overclocking.

Cooler:

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/processor/15512803/noctua_nh_d14_140mm/details.aspx

Its still got to be got to Blach from the Netherlands - if its the only method you can use fine but HWVS will be cheaper.

There are arguments that 4 x 4GB is faster but really we are talking some very very small numbers here. You'd be far better off with a bigger SSD and better cooling solution for overclocking.

Cooler:

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/processor/15512803/noctua_nh_d14_140mm/details.aspx

Its still got to be got to Blach from the Netherlands - if its the only method you can use fine but HWVS will be cheaper.

Unfortunatley it is the only method I can use :( I tried to use HWVS but bank transfer and the fact that to RMA I have to send it oversees lost the arguement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's does not look too good for 1400eu... Surely you can get better for that? I am not at of to throw a build myself.
    I would recommend picking up white/black version of 500r as it looks a lot better when light blue LEDs on fans light up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Seconded on the white 500R. And that build, for that money, isn't really all that good. I got a 670, H100, 830, 3570k, Extreme4, 500R build for less.

Well I can only use komplett so does anyone want to give me another build of around the same price? I know HWVS is much better but like I said, HWVS is a no-go :(

Thats fair enough it's not really you paying so you have to play by the rules! ;)

Stick in the cooler I suggested, ideally increase the SSD size. There isn't really many economies you can make - will you ever add another 7950? Not really any point unless you go to a multi monitor set up. You could drop down to the Z77 Pro3 - with just one PCI-e slot. The 7950 is a great card - unless the 660ti comes in at a close price with much better performance its the one I'm going for (eventually).

On that note if you can hang off until the 660ti is released I would. (Mid August)

I would email or PM (they are on boards) komplett and ask them if there is anything they can do on price - their 'free delivery' just means they include delivery on all the items so really they should have some scope for giving you a couple of quid off.

Well I'm paying 60% so....

Anyway I guess I could wait the extra time for the 660ti, what is the estimated price? I haven't been able to track stuff like this.

Well minus GPU this is what I'd get

Item|Price
    Corsair Carbide Series 500R - Miditower - No PSU|€114.95
    Sony Optiarc AD-5280S - 5.25" - DVD±RW (±R DL)|€22.95
    Corsair Vengeance - 16GB 1600MHz PC3-12800|€109.95
    Crucial M4 SSD 64GB 2.5" SATA-600|€79.95
    Seagate 1TB 3.5" SATA-600 7200rpm 32MB|€99.00
    Noctua NH-D14 - 140mm|€77.95
    ASRock Z77 Pro4 - Socket 1155 - ATX|€121.95
    Intel core i5 3570K 3.2GHz 6MB S1155|€229.95
    ADATA - HM-850 - 850 Watt - ATX|€84.95
    Power Adapter from Schuko to UK adapter|€0.00
    A-Data SX900 128GB 2.5" SATA600|€114.95
    Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse - Optical|€39.95
    Logitech K120 Keyboard - Wired|€16.95
    Shipping|FREE
    Total|€1,113.45

Then I'd get the GPU which will total it at about 1450, so yeah

Get the Pro3 instead. Should give you a bit more room for the GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Komplett have always been expensive for RAM. DDR3 anyway.

Can you use memoryc.ie?

Two SSDs in your basket? Is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

can you use dabs? they would be cheaper than Komplett on most components and have money off coupons as well

• Advertisement

Monotype wrote: »
    Komplett have always been expensive for RAM. DDR3 anyway.

Can you use memoryc.ie?

Two SSDs in your basket? Is that right?

Well I'd like it all from the same place, and yes 64GB for boot and 128 GB for random stuff.

BhoyRayzor wrote: »
    can you use dabs? they would be cheaper than Komplett on most components and have money off coupons as well

From what I've heard they have a high RMA rate and their based in England

RMA to any European seller (NOT manufacturer) must be borne by them for faulty products.

Advertisement