Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notes for Corp Law 3rd year exams

Options
  • 30-07-2012 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm trying to help a third year Corp law student, who was on the same course s my daughter. (NUI Galway, B. Corp.)

He has deferred the Christmas exam for International Business Law,(Proper Law governing an International contract, Procedure for syndication of loans in Europe, The three functions of Bills of Lading for carriage of goods by sea, Rights of the buyer and seller under the Vienna convention on contracts for international sale of goods 1980).

His notes were destroyed (house flooded), and his lecturer used several books, so he can't just buy the books.

If anyone can supply notes on the above, he would be happy to pay for them.

I hope someone can help, as it would be a shame to see three years hard study wasted.
    Most of his classmates are either abroad, or have destroyed their notes, so he's really stuck.

Apparently, the lecturer didn't compile a notes booklet, and there's nothing nothing on Blackboard, either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

NM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I never did IBL but did banking law with the same lecturer this year and didn't bother using the class notes. The lecturer has a distinct style to lecturing which didn't suit my own way of studying.

Best bet is to get your friend to look at Blackboard and head to the Course Information Section of it then download the Course Outline which has the Course Outline for Banking Law, IBL and Insurance Law. The course outline for IBL lays out what subsections to study so use any general textbook to get key points for each of these areas.

The lecturer also rarely changes their exam papers so make sure he looks at previous exam papers on the NUIG website for each of the topics and to study answers based on these areas.

Banking law was my worst subject (I got a 2.1 in it) but if you do the above, you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

Thanks, Lockstep.
    I'll pass it on.

Advertisement