Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet Nas Drive

Options
  • 30-07-2012 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a QUIET NAS Drive to use as backup from 2 Mac computers via the UPC Thomson router.
    Needs to be quiet as router is located in TV room and noise would drive missus mad

Not too expensive either and at least 1TB. I can find loads online but can't filter by noise levels

Would be nice to have HDMI output also for the TV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

?

You want the NAS to be silent, you want HDMI & media player and you want it cheap??? :D

This would be my recommendation for a silent NAS, but it doesn't have HDMI and it certainly ain't cheap. ;)

You better build it yourself with a fanless ATOM mini-ITX board and a silent hard drive, i.e. a Western Digital Red.

Advertisement