Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble in Clonakilty on Saturday Night

Options
  • 30-07-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Anyone witness the trouble in Clon on Saturday night? I heard there was a bust-up in a certain well known pub on the main street which continued down the street and ultimately 2 Gardai ended up getting a bit of a hammering, as well as some bar staff.
    The antagonists were alledgedly from Limerick.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dementedmole5

I witnessed this also. Was just about to walk into the pub when it happened. Those involved were nothing but scum bags. There denied entry because they were too drunk and then they turned on the bouncers. If it wasn't for a few locals intervening it would of been a lot worse. Those involved were apparently from Moyross in Limerick which explains a lot. When the guards arrived it still didn't stop them from fighting. This was definitely an isolated incident and it shouldn't deter anyone from visiting Clonakilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GulagBuysGod

I concur, dementedmole - Clon usually does not attract too many scrotes. Usually there is a very nice crowd around, especially in de Barra's and Scannell's. Happily I've heard that they later more than met their match with a certain "gentle giant" of a bouncer.
    I've heard also today that one of the gang also molested a woman who had to get into her car and lock her doors to escape them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dementedmole5

If it wasn't for a few locals in the pub helping out and even a few taxi drivers stopped it could of been a lot worse. By helping I mean they grabbed them and pinned them down until the guards came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

What time of the night did this happen?
    I was out and about and didnt see or hear of any trouble :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭voter1983

fair play to the locals for getting stuck in to help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Wow, never heard about this. We moved to Clon over a year ago now and this is the first time I've ever heard of trouble in the town. Fair play to the locals for getting involved, I hope the guards don't let them get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Anyone witness the trouble in Clon on Saturday night? I heard there was a bust-up in a certain well known pub on the main street which continued down the street and ultimately 2 Gardai ended up getting a bit of a hammering, as well as some bar staff.
    The antagonists were alledgedly from Limerick.

Did you actually just sign up to look for gossip about a stupid fight?

jaysus lads times must be tough

Advertisement