Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed with virus

Options
  • 29-07-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

I have a virus on my PC.

The virus locked my computer Friday night and is looking for a payment of 100 euro to unlock it.

However I can still log into my PC using my OH name and access everything, however when I log in through my user name it is still looking for the 100 euro.

Can anyone help me to unlock this virus

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

the problem is I can't access my desktop. I can only access my OH. Should I run it on my OH and will this unlock and allow me access my settings

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

actually ignore my last post. I assume OH = Other Half ?

do these steps on your OH name. Download and install malwarebytes

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

update it, run a quick scan, post the log it gives.

Download OTL to your Desktop
    • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • Check the box beside Scan all users
    • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files here

Advertisement