Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

castlebar couple in enniscrone and the bawneen cardigan

Options
  • 29-07-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot but how and ever........

On Friday night in The Pilot Bar in Enniscrone Co. Sligo a young couple from Castlebar mistakenly went home with a Bawneen (White knitted) Cardigan. The Cardigan is of huge sentimental value to the owner - who was DJ there that night as it belonged to her grandfather.

We are at a loss as to how to find it so I thought I`d give boards a go...

Any Ideas or even better have you acquired said wooly cardigan lately let me know
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Contact Mid West.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

Think that might be the best bet alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

The chances of a young couple listening to midwest would be fairly slim but its worth a shot. Also, Try the bulletin board on castlebar.ie. I dont suppose you would know anything further about the couple? (Names/place of work etc) PM me if so and i can ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Samhain has a good point try iradio too. Does anyone have pics on their phones taken that night? They may have gotten a shot of this couple? Also facebook does the pilot bar have a facebook page they may have "liked" this page so if you put up a notice it might be seen.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions-Iradio is a great idea, it never even crossed my mind!

No pictures Im afraid, it was a pretty quiet night.

The Pilot Bar put up a notice on Saturday about the lost cardigan, might be no harm to put up a renewed appeal in case they liked at a later stage than Saturday.

Thanks again, Ill keep ye posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

Posted it to facebook

http://www.facebook.com/Enniscrone.Co.Sligo

I hope it shows up.

The cardigan has been located!! Thanks to the far reaching abilities of Facebook( I'll have to stop complaining about it now, ithas proved it's usefulness). A friend shared the status update about missing cardigan and it spread to the right people!

The girl from the couple contacted to say her bf had one just like it and they didn't realise till they got home, she's posting it asap.

So Facebook is good for something.

Thanks all for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Brilliant stuff! I was talking to someone who was at the wedding but he could not think of the couple either. Great to have a happy ending to the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

Package arrived today. Got to love the power of the web :-)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404019_4192717812124_219730338_n.jpg

Advertisement