Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superb quality Kites in Aldi, €5.99

Options
  • 29-07-2012 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Just picked up a kite from Aldi this morning.

€5.99 for a really good quality kite. These are not the 'cheap plastic' kites that are ofttimes seen in Euro shops etc, but fairly high quality canvas kites, fairly big in size also. (the one I bought is 1.2m <- -> across)

I was in Naas, where their was a fair few left, but I could only see a few different styles compared to the six or so advertised. What I could see was a stunt kite, trapeze, parachute, bat, and what I picked up, an aeroplane.

In my experience, the kites with only one handle and string are a lot easier to fly (for novices) but obviously the two handled kites gives much more maneuverability in the air, allowing for stunts etc.

Anyway, for €6 it will certainly keep the kids entertained in the park/football field etc.

I assembled and had mine in the air in less than 5 min.

Highly recommended.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22829.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Cool spot op
    Will chance one later.....
    Ghandee wrote: »
    Just picked up a kite from Aldi this morning.

€5.99 for a really good quality kite. These are not the 'cheap plastic' kites that are ofttimes seen in Euro shops etc, but fairly high quality canvas kites, fairly big in size also. (the one I bought is 1.2m <- -> across)

I was in Naas, where their was a fair few left, but I could only see a few different styles compared to the six or so advertised. What I could see was a stunt kite, trapeze, parachute, bat, and what I picked up, an aeroplane.

In my experience, the kites with only one handle and string are a lot easier to fly (for novices) but obviously the two handled kites gives much more maneuverability in the air, allowing for stunts etc.

Anyway, for €6 it will certainly keep the kids entertained in the park/football field etc.

I assembled and had mine in the air in less than 5 min.

Highly recommended.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22829.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

me too! cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Garbage - don't waste your money.

Or you could buy one, spend half an hour on the beach trying to get/keep the thing in the air and bin when you get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

Boo hiss
    Nothing good ever came easy
    U got a stunt kite and made a mess of it ....
    Will get it sorted!!!!

T-Maxx wrote: »

Or you could buy one, spend half an hour on the beach trying to get/keep the thing in the air and bin when you get home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Bought one for the kids earlier in the year, it's a grand kite (how hard is it to fly a kite...), worth the money considering how much abuse they take.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

T-Maxx wrote: »

What style did you go for?

I got the plane, flies grand, not a bother, slightly jealous I didn't go for the parachute styled one now though.....

A family in Corkagh park were there with the one they bought in aldi too, and the stunts they were pulling off was deadly.

Like I say, six quid, sure less than a pint in some Dublin bars lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,138 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I bought one of the planes a good few years ago (could've been from Lidl can't remember but pretty much the same thing in any case) - junk. A friend of mine bought the parachute yoke (foil type) - junk as well. I played around with the angle of attack but eventually gave up. (I've a few power and stunt kites so would consider myself fairly knowledgable.)

As for "how hard is it to fly a kite" - very very hard if it's a POS.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Bought a couple of their kites last time they were for sale. Dragon one is grand, very easy to get in the air, got a butterfly one that was very hard to fly and a bat one that was ok, but a bit flimsy.
    Regardless of all that, still good enough value for money.

Advertisement