Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support groups

Options
  • 29-07-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I have recently suffered a loss that has really affected my life. I would love to attend a support group for bereavement but I am having difficulty finding one for me.

My guardian died, she was essentially my mother, and I am 18 years old. I've emailed the rainbows group because they say on the website that they are catered for children and young adults, but it seems more so geared towards children. If anyone knows of a group that would suit please let me know, I am based around Dublin North and something is the City Centre would be fine also.

Also, if anyone has ever attended something like this, how did you find it? Was it helpful?

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I did a quick search online and found this place through citizens information:

Console

All Hallows College
    Grace Park Road
    Drumcondra
    Dublin 9
    Ireland

Tel:+353 (0)1 8574300 Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:30pm
    Fax:+353 (0)1 8574310
    Homepage: http://www.console.ie
    Email: info@console.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Extra Minty

Sorry for your loss anon.

If there was a hospital used at any stage they offer group bereavement. We for invited to it after my mother died so that may be an option.

Advertisement