Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 - Cyma v Kings Arms

Options
  • 29-07-2012 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Checked out both today and while similar on the outside, which is the better for long term reliability? This will be my first AEG (I have a spring pistol) and so I'm a noob when it comes to these "proper" AEG's.

Thanks

Ps, any advice on a good brand of bb's, and what weight I should go for? I think heavier gives better range and accuracy but is there a risk of jamming?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Cyma are considered a mid-range brand, whereas King Arms are considered high-end. These terms are used a lot in airsoft, but what most people don't realise is that a hefty majority of the money goes on the externals.

The King Arms M4A1, in my opinion, is a thing of beauty - the body on it is sublime (accuracte charcoal grey finish instead of the matte black etc), and feels great. The delta ring is solid, and there's no wobble in the handguard (though there is in the stock). CYMA M4A1 on the other hand has lots of handguard wobble due to weak delta ring, matte black heavyweight body, but much reduced wobble in the stock. As far as finish is concerned, King Arms win...but that's to be expected.

Internals is where things get...controversial, at least in some circles. High end guns are not high end because of their internal quality. They are considered higher end replicas due to their replication quality, as opposed to how well they fire the little BB's. Though that said they tend to try and boost things like rate of fire or FPS (FPS being irrelevant in our limits) as an attempt to give quantifiable reasons as to why to choose their model. In reality the mid-range gear tends to have far more reliable internals than the higher end stuff.

Personally, I like collecting gear. As a result, replication is important to me. Externals are a lot costlier to replace and get right than internals, so I happily pay more for a gun that I know will not be as reliable, as I know I can tweak it to the way I want it, and end up with a gun looking exactly the way I want it too.

As far as replication is concerned, generally the externals in M4's are ranked as follows:
    1.) VFC
    2.) King Arms
    3.) G&P
    G&P beat KA (King Arms) internals by a country mile, but KA's bodies are slightly nicer. VFC's bodies are sublime. Again, internals are decent, but can certainly be improved upon. So whereas the midrange gear will be more reliable, in this case the CYMA, the higher end gear can be made to do so. Problem is the cost. You generally pay a little bit more for the higher end stuff, and then spend more again making it more reliable.

There is an awful lot to consider, and you're asking all of the right questions. My own advice is just to take your time and keep doing what your doing. Lots of people are going to tell you lots of things, and it's just about compiling that data, researching it and deciding from there. As OddysAirsoft put it in another thread...trust no one :D

Advertisement