Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for mesh goggles.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I would not recommend woven mesh for eye protection. It has more flex than stamped, and also is more prone to shattering BB's. I am not speaking in myth - I have had BB's (plural) shatter on my woven lower mesh mask twice. I really would not be comfortable with woven mesh eyewear.

I'll also be clear in that I'm not a fan of mesh anyway, but stamped is definitely safer in my opinion. Personally I'm a solid lens user - yes you get some impairment, but I rather the additional protection.

PS: Sorry for the off-topic "not particularly helpful" post - just felt I should toss that out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

If Inari hasn't scared you and you're still determined to get them, I think I saw a pair like that last time I was in Hobby's Cork branch if it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    If Inari hasn't scared you
    Freddy.jpg

Am I really that much of scare-monger? :P...maybe you shouldn't answer that :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks for the info Inari. However I wear fairly big glasses underneath goggles so I'm not too worried about BB's shattering. I had that exact pair and was using them for the last 3 years without issue. Alas I've lost the only pair I had, and MIA no longer sell them.

I can't seem to find goggles with that type of "woven mesh", as Inari called it, anywhere else.

Somewhere in Dublin/Online would be preferable.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

http://www.bitterendgoggles.com/

I got a pair from here, can't rate them highly enough. They ship very quick aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Thanks but I'm looking for this type of mesh:

http://www.mainirishairsoft.com/ProdImages/tactical%20goggles%20Xl.jpg

The square "woven mesh". As opposed to the circular stamped mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

If you wear glasses, getting ESS ICE with the scrip insert was a game-changer for me. It's like I'm just wearing my glasses.

Don't skimp on eyepro, you only get one pair :-)

gerrowadat wrote: »
    If you wear glasses, getting ESS ICE with the scrip insert was a game-changer for me. It's like I'm just wearing my glasses.

Do go on. Was thinking of getting the insert for the Bollé Tracker ll, but I wasn't aware of any alternatives.

Where's the best place to pick up the ESS goggles? (ESS website I presume?)

KonFusion wrote: »
    Do go on. Was thinking of getting the insert for the Bollé Tracker ll, but I wasn't aware of any alternatives.

Where's the best place to pick up the ESS goggles? (ESS website I presume?)

Yeah, esseyepro.com, if you have your prescription they'll even fill it for you (irish opticians are robbing bastards, one wanted 200 quid to fill an insert for me).

I have the ICE and the Crossbow, think I prefer the ICE (and it has better coverage).

Yeah, esseyepro.com, if you have your prescription they'll even fill it for you (irish opticians are robbing bastards, one wanted 200 quid to fill an insert for me).

I have the ICE and the Crossbow, think I prefer the ICE (and it has better coverage).

Which of the inserts would you recommend?

• Advertisement

Which of the inserts would you recommend?

I have the VICE RX, but I'd say any of the others would be no worse than your average pair of glasses, I just get the spendiest **** because I'm a gucci ****.

Can't over-emphasise the game-changing awesomeness of having proper eye protection that doesn't fog or collect sweat. I ended up dropping the guts of 300USD on a pair, so about as much as a new AEG, but so much more useful :-)

I have the VICE RX, but I'd say any of the others would be no worse than your average pair of glasses, I just get the spendiest **** because I'm a gucci ****.

Can't over-emphasise the game-changing awesomeness of having proper eye protection that doesn't fog or collect sweat. I ended up dropping the guts of 300USD on a pair, so about as much as a new AEG, but so much more useful :-)

I shall have to consult my piggy bank, however thanks for the info :).

I'll be on your security detail in Rionegro, so hope you don't mind me having a gawk if you do happen to bring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jayod30 wrote: »
    http://www.bitterendgoggles.com/

I got a pair from here, can't rate them highly enough. They ship very quick aswell

+1 for Bitterend, pretty much the number 1 by miles when it comes to mesh.

And also for what Gerrowadats on about, watched the lad change eye protection every month trying to get something that suited and hes finally onto a winner.

I shall have to consult my piggy bank, however thanks for the info :).

I'll be on your security detail in Rionegro, so hope you don't mind me having a gawk if you do happen to bring them.

Nae bother, I'l bring the ICE and crossbow so you can have a gander.

Advertisement