Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home server set up

Options
  • 28-07-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭

Anyone here have a wireless external drive set up in their house?

I picked up a 2tb NAS drive (Western Digital) and I am a bit disappointed. I cant format it the way I want as it does not appear in disk utility. I cant properly rename the drives, or create partitions and most importantly time machine is failing to back up.

I am now looking at an air port express connected to a usb hard drive. any one have this set up? I assume you have full freedom to format and partition the drive through airport express?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

You can’t connect and share a disc with an Airport Express, you’ll need an Airport Extreme.

Also, I’m not sure if you can use a partitioned disc with an Extreme, either (not saying it can’t be done, just that I’ve no experience of it) - you should confirm the details before purchasing anything.

Advertisement