Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats app iphone app free

Options
  • 28-07-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

as above the whats app messenger for iphone is free again usually 79 cent
    but this morning was in the free list

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

And I only paid for it about 3 days ago :mad::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Thanks a million :) now I don't have to get a voucher to buy it when I get my iPhone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Its free on android permanently :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

just got it on android yesterday, mm free. Nice program.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Free on WP too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Is it not just free for one year on android and then 99c per year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Nope, like most apps on Android there free free free, not greedy like that fruit company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No, its free on Android, its free to download, free to use (I'm on a few years now)
    If you're like me, in south , family in the north, friends in Canada/Australia it Is priceless , when you start exchanging pics, videos and even voice texts via the app, texts and voice calls would prob run into the hundred or so used via your operators bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Weird their site says different
    Please download the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger and enjoy our service free for 1 year! During, or after free trial period you can purchase service for $0.99 USD/year.
    . http://www.whatsapp.com/android/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Weird their site says different . http://www.whatsapp.com/android/

I reached another "1yr free" deadline last month, and got another notice that it was to remain free. 2yrs on, still free. Maybe the US is different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I thought it was always free? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭__Robinhood__

Thanks a bunch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭xxyyxx

Weird their site says different
    Please download the latest version of WhatsApp Messenger and enjoy our service free for 1 year! During, or after free trial period you can purchase service for $0.99 USD/year.
    . http://www.whatsapp.com/android/

I have been using it on android for well over a year and never had to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Fantastic app, most used that I have. Can save a fortune if you have friends on different networks or abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ozmo

ando wrote: »
    Fantastic app, most used that I have. Can save a fortune if you have friends on different networks or abroad

Thanks OP for the IPhone app link - downloading it now to try -

but just keep in mind the default *built in integrated IPhone app* also sends SMS, videos, and photos- *For free*
    (IPhone to IPhone only - switches to sms otherwise)

And you dont need a special program on the other side to get the message.

When the IPhone SMS Text box is Blue and it says IMessage - its free and will go over internet.
    When its Green it means the message will be sent as ordinary SMS.

Android prob has something similar built in....but I havn't used or updated my old htc legend in a long time to check.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Nope, like most apps on Android there free free free, not greedy like that fruit company.

I think you'll find its Whatsapp who set the prices.

Advertisement