Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSX Mountain Lion With 06 Macbook Pro

Options
  • 28-07-2012 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone found out if there is a workaround for getting Mountain lion to work on a pre 2008 model macbook pro?

Cheers

Dpjmie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

dpjmie wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone found out if there is a workaround for getting Mountain lion to work on a pre 2008 model macbook pro?

Looking for this?

How I installed Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on my 2006 MacPro 1,1

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Nice :)

Ill have a try and later and post back how i got on :)

Dpjmie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

There's a bit of a difference between a MacPro with Xeon CPUs and a 2006 Core Duo Macbook Pro. You can't replace the video card for starters, that is the main stumbling block. I doubt the ATI X1600 is supported by ML. Or would it be up to the demands of the OS. The 3GB memory limitation will also be a problem.

Would love to try it myself as I have a 2006 MBP too, but looking like a new(er) machine is a realistic target.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

This is a bit involved, but it might work. Keep in mind this is the developer preview so things might have changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Nice, but unfortunately, i have lion running on my mac, and not mountain lion and have no access to one, only short of buying a new mac :(

Cheers though
    Dpjmie

Advertisement