Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youtube freezing on Windows XP machine working fine on Windows 7 machine.

Options
  • 28-07-2012 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭

Have a laptop running Windows XP. Recently downgraded it to XP from 7.

Anyway when on 7 i never had any streaming issues from youtube but on Xp im getting between 2-15 seconds of play and then the streaming stops.
    My phone also plays youtube without any issues so its not an internet speed issue. I have a 30 meg connection anyway.

I can stream from netflix and bbc i player without any problems.

If i press pause and pay again it does NOT start.

If i scroll forward by clicking on the buffering section i get another playtime of between 2-15 seconds and then it stops again.

I have stopped the windows firewall and avg antivirus but this made no difference.

Im running the latest Adobe flash player.

Same issue occurs on Firefox and IE8

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Right click in a Flashplayer window > Settings > Display and clear the box "Enable Hardware Acceleration". See if that solves the problem. Mind you, you will have to do this in both browsers, since they're using different versions of the Flashplayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Torqay wrote: »
    Right click in a Flashplayer window > Settings > Display and clear the box "Enable Hardware Acceleration". See if that solves the problem. Mind you, you will have to do this in both browsers, since they're using different versions of the Flashplayer.

That is already enabled on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

I know, it's enabled by default but I said, "clear the box", didn't I? :p

So turn it off and try again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Torqay wrote: »

I know, it's enabled by default but I said, "clear the box", didn't I? :p

So turn it off and try again. ;)

Ah ok. I misread it.

I tried that but still the same.