Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TM 1911 (Metal Version).

Options
  • 28-07-2012 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have here in front of me a friend's TM 1911 which is metal, bought back during 2008/2009 and three years ago it stop working due to some problems. I'm trying to do it up for my friend to see if we can it working again.

Anyways, I'm stuck on the hop unit. FYI, I'm new to the whole GBB system but I've had my fair share of AEG's and personally, don't like it (AEG)..., I've tried everything to get it out but a part of the outer barrel gets in the way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

That will be a Bell or Tercel (I can't remember exactly which one) 1911, not TM. Tokyo Marui do not manufacture any metal pistols, though when Bell/Tercel cloned their 1911, they even copied Tokyo Marui's trades.

As for disassembling the hop up unit - as far as I remember it's pretty straight forward. I'm on my phone at the minute, so I can't look up the picture for you - but just use an exploded diagram of a KJW 1911 and that should help big time. I'll post it in-thread later on when I'm back on a computer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Tercel.

You just have to push it past that bit of the outer barrel, there is enough play to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Well it's good to know now who the actual brand is, my friend thought before that it was a KJW.

Any ways, I've tried everything to get the hop unit out. There seems to be a gap where the hop is meant to turn and slide out but a piece of the outer barrel keeps blocking it. I'll get a photo of it tomorrow when I'm working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

As Stercus above said, that is the method of retention for the inner barrel into the outer. All you do is turn the hop unit to the side to give the piece as much clearance as possible, and push. At first it takes a bit of force, but it does come free.

I thought you were talking about hopup unit disassembly (hence the mention of exploded diagram) - but hey, that's what happens when I read posts on my phone :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭jamrole

<snip>

• Advertisement
Advertisement