Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mustard recommendation

Options
  • 27-07-2012 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

New to the forum but long time reader!

I'm a big fan of English Mustard but not so much of the Dijon style. Colmans is always on the shelf in my kitchen!

Its the bang in the top of the nose that gets me. Love it! What other type of Mustard is good for lifting the roof off my head!

I'm not sure if anybody has tried it, but there is a brilliant recipe in the Supervalu Real Food, Real People book that came out for charity last year. The guy calls it Chicken Carruth (something weird connection with the boxer!) but the base for the sauce is a good dollop of English Mustard with a good dollop of Mango Chutney. Its a seriously good dish.

And since I'm typing away here! Something else I love to try different varieties of is Honey. When I'm away on hols, I love to try the local jars of honey. Its amazing the different flavours that come through from the flowers that the bees harvest. Give it a go when you are on hols this year.

Cheers
    Ben.

PS now I have a ying for some cold meat and mustard. :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm a Lakeshore mustard man myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Old Ben

beertons wrote: »
    I'm a Lakeshore mustard man myself.

Certainly give it a go then. I've seen it somewhere in the local shops. Thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I must be eating it for the guts of 20 years. If its not broke.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Old Ben

Just bought Lakeshore Extra Hot Irish Mustard....

The Mrs banned me from opening it until the Colmans is gone though.

Maybe a sneaky late night snack tomorrow is on the cards. Pint of stout and Sausage on toast with a healthy smearing of mustard. Thank god for bingo night! Haw Haw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tipprobb

Lakeshore is gorgeous, it is like a mild Coleman's English mustard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Dijon mustard.
    Food of choice of the Condiment God Mustardous.

Advertisement