Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBP with Cracked Screen

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Folks,

The better half has been in touch to say she cracked the screen on her 15" unibody MBP. The glass is cracked but the panel seems to be okay. Any ideas of who / where can repair and an approximate price?

Muchos gracias!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Anyone? Any where in Dublin either?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

I'm sure CompuB (Grafton st, Dundrum, Swords Pavillions) do repairs, but I'd take it to apple first

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I'm dealing with a similar issue atm for a member of my department and Apple have quoted £150 for the replacement display and £24 for the installation. (Obviously those are sterling prices as I'm in the UK, but I'd expect something in that ballpark). The repair won't be covered by AppleCare obviously, but if you get the repair carried out by Apple or an authorised repair centre, you should still be able to use AppleCare (assuming you've got it) for any other issues that might arise. Going to a non-Apple Authorised Repair Centre might be cheaper, but will more than likely permanently void any AppleCare cover you've got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Fysh wrote: »
    I'm dealing with a similar issue atm for a member of my department and Apple have quoted £150 for the replacement display and £24 for the installation. (Obviously those are sterling prices as I'm in the UK, but I'd expect something in that ballpark). The repair won't be covered by AppleCare obviously, but if you get the repair carried out by Apple or an authorised repair centre, you should still be able to use AppleCare (assuming you've got it) for any other issues that might arise. Going to a non-Apple Authorised Repair Centre might be cheaper, but will more than likely permanently void any AppleCare cover you've got.

That may not be too bad actually as herself lives in London but was worried the quote would be a lot, lot higher.

Thanks for your help folks, I'll update this with how she decides to proceed and any experiences from it.

Advertisement