Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coopers sparkling ale, six pack for €8 Tesco.

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

As title says, a six pack of (IMO) one of the finest beers ever made costs only €8 in Tesco atm.

An Australian beer that truly stands out among the rest, its usually best to 'roll' the bottle ever so slightly before opening to sir up the sediment in the beer.

Quite strong at %5.9, but honestly if your after a crisp,v tasty beer this weekend you won't go wrong with Coopers! (I'm a big fan as you can see) think it has €4 off normal asking price.

Go buy it, come back and tell how you enjoyed it!

Ghandee.

20120727180426.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'm banned from AH too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm banned from AH too.

Lets share our woes with a beer good sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'll drink to that!

*clink of beer bottles*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Cheers OP

Got the last pack on the shelf in Douglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cheers OP

Got the last pack on the shelf in Douglas.

What's your opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I must say I am quite enjoying it!
    It's got the flavour of a good pale ale with the effervescent features of a quality beer.
    It's light, crisp and very enjoyable.
    And it doesn't feel heavy on the alcohol content

Cheers for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

My local Tesco had the pale ale too, not overly impressed, nowehere near as hoppy as I would like. The sparkling ale is lovely though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

My local Tesco had the pale ale too, not overly impressed, nowehere near as hoppy as I would like. The sparkling ale is lovely though.

If you want a really hoppy IPA, try Hop Head, by Porterhouse in Dublin. I am normally a fan of high-hop content, but this stuff takes the piss. Eye-wateringly hoppy. Worth a try, just to say you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭the_pod

I love Hop Head. Couldn't find any Coopers in Nutgrove yesterday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

gerryk wrote: »
    If you want a really hoppy IPA, try Hop Head, by Porterhouse in Dublin. I am normally a fan of high-hop content, but this stuff takes the piss. Eye-wateringly hoppy. Worth a try, just to say you have.

Quite mild compared to many of the beers I've had to be honest. By Irish standards though, it is pretty in your face and I love it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement