Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog attacked by neighbours dog, can I get them to pay the bill?

Options
  • 27-07-2012 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My dog was recently attacked by the neighbour's dog, on my own property. He is dragging his heels about paying the vet's bill, and his general attitude gives me little faith that he ever actually intends to do so. Is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭angeline

Yes. His dog should have been kept under control (Control of Dogs Act). Failure to do so is an offence so you could report the matter to the Gardai or tell your neighbour that you will do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭polarbearhead

angeline wrote: »
    Yes. His dog should have been kept under control (Control of Dogs Act). Failure to do so is an offence so you could report the matter to the Gardai or tell your neighbour that you will do this.

I think its the local authority/dog warden that bring prosecutions under that act.Guards have very little function in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd report it to the Gards anyway. A little chat with the neighbour might do the trick.

Advertisement