Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoos as you get older..

Options
  • 27-07-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been considering getting 2 tattoo's and their quite large(one ribcage and one lower back) I'm very excited about getting them, however I wonder what they will look like on me when I get older. Sure the tattoo will look good on skin that's still tight but how do tattoo's age along with you as you get older and your skin becomes less tight and starts to wrinkle?(because only heaven knows what my body will look like in 25 years) and I wonder/worry that it will ruin my tattoo at some point in life. I know this might sound a bit crazy to some people but I would love to know how your tattoo withstood the test of time.

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If you're worried about how it will look in 20 years maybe tattoos aren't for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

And anyone who says I'll regret mine when I'm older get shown this

[img][/img]http://i.imgur.com/zwJ5j.jpg[\img]

If your skin is gonna look sh*tty and wrinkly anyway, why not make it interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

condescending-wonka-tattoos.jpg

Yeah it probably will get a bit wrinkled, but sure why not enjoy it for the years you have it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

So what if it looks terrible in 25 years' time? No point living life by the 'what ifs' - enjoy it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

I am 58 and just about to get work on a new half sleeve started. Enjoy its your body

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

you might not even be alive in 25 years,any one of us could be hit by a bus tomorrow,dont worry about tomorrow,think about how awesome you will look today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

My father god rest his soul got his done during WWII and his looked great he was 85 when he passed away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Tbh, when im old, wrinkly and saggy the state of my tattoo's will be the least of my worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Got my first ink 16 years ago now, and still going :)

ip2zvs.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement