Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid bill for ex friend

Options
  • 27-07-2012 8:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I paid a bill for an ex friend last year, I was paid back some of the amount but the the ex friend promised to pay me back in full, I have proof of this. Can i take the ex friend to the small claims court or take a civil case ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

We really need a Judge Judy show here - could film it in the Supreme Court on Sundays.

http://www.courts.ie/courts.ie/Library3.nsf/PageCurrentWebLookUpTopNav/Small%20Claims%20Procedure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

I paid a bill for an ex friend last year, I was paid back some of the amount but the the ex friend promised to pay me back in full, I have proof of this. Can i take the ex friend to the small claims court or take a civil case ?

The Small Claimns Court does not deal with debt collection. Up to €6,348.69 is in the jurisdiction of the District Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,266 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Kosseegan wrote: »
    The Small Claimns Court does not deal with debt collection. Up to €6,348.69 is in the jurisdiction of the District Court.
    I'm not certain, but a case like this may be able to use the Small Claims Court. Certainly, jointly incurred expenses can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Victor wrote: »
    I'm not certain, but a case like this may be able to use the Small Claims Court. Certainly, jointly incurred expenses can.
    I thought the small claims court was for consumer issues? (Which this isn't)

Advertisement