Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another dodgy MagSafe adapter

Options
  • 27-07-2012 6:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

I had a MagSafe cable replaced a few months ago under warranty and that one has now failed. Does the warranty on the replacement end when the machine warranty ended or would I have a year on the replacement cable?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Apple seem to deal with them on a case by case basis - I've had 3 replacements (4 adapters in total) - two outside warranty..
    First one frayed and burned a bit, second one the spring pins stopped working and again caused blackening, and the third failed shortly after arriving.

For the first one outside warranty, I had to email pictures to them pointing out the blackening/scorching etc. and they replaced it after that, the second one outside warranty was shortly after so I had to bring the macbook to a Mactivate to get it assessed to make sure it was the adaptor failing and not the macbook causing the problem, once that was done I got a replacement straight away.

They seem more concerned (and rightly so) about replacing them if there is any hint of scorching/burning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Yes there is blackening on the pins. I didn't cop that it was scorching. That's a bit concerning.

They're a great concept but judging by the number of failures they need a redesign.

Advertisement