Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice about cctv and security lights please

Options
  • 27-07-2012 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Hi...

Just an hour ago I had a run in with some **** sneaking around both my property and my neighbours. I contacted my neighbour to let him know there was a guy outside the back of his shed and I ran out and scared him off but I couldn't catch the fecker because I didn't have any light or torch.

We live in a rural area and this sort of thing doesn't happen very often but over the last 10 years it has happened a good few times. Money is tight and these useless fellas are robbing anything they can get and breaking into houses is also getting more common around this area.

I'm wondering whats the best low budget solution to my problem.

I need I'm guessing sensor lights and possibly 3 cctv camera's. Have no idea of the cost of these things but is it possible to have a half decent set up for under €500

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

LaVail wrote: »
    Hi...

Just an hour ago I had a run in with some **** sneaking around both my property and my neighbours. I contacted my neighbour to let him know there was a guy outside the back of his shed and I ran out and scared him off but I couldn't catch the fecker because I didn't have any light or torch.

We live in a rural area and this sort of thing doesn't happen very often but over the last 10 years it has happened a good few times. Money is tight and these useless fellas are robbing anything they can get and breaking into houses is also getting more common around this area.

I'm wondering whats the best low budget solution to my problem.

I need I'm guessing sensor lights and possibly 3 cctv camera's. Have no idea of the cost of these things but is it possible to have a half decent set up for under €500

Thanks

Something like this would do the job, all it needs is an extra camera. You might find the same locally so shop around
    Just don't point the lights at the cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Jnealon wrote: »
    Something like this would do the job, all it needs is an extra camera. You might find the same locally so shop around
    Just don't point the lights at the cameras

Thanks for the link Jnealon

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

At B&Q these sensor lights are about €12 I think. I bought 2 of them and they're fine. Mount them yourself or get an electrician if you're not comfortable doing it.

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/lighting/outdoor-lighting/security_lights/-specificproducttype-floodlights/Parkhurst-400W-Security-Floorlight-11837515

Advertisement