Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering grinds needed please

Options
  • 26-07-2012 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi, not too sure if i have the right section but anyway i am looking for grinds in two 2ND mechanical engineering subjects in NUI Galway.

Me207 fluid mechanics (pressure distribution, Reynolds transport....)
    Me208 Theory of machines (Cams, displacement drawings, linkages...)

papers can be emailed on request

if anyone can help me or knows of anyone to help me could you please let me know, thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Bootman

http://www.su.nuigalway.ie/grind_adverts/ You should be able to find grinds there.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

By all means get grinds if you can, but with regard to Fluid Mechanics, all the questions asked will have come up on previous papers from 2003-present. Some of those older past papers aren't where you expect online though. I think the library website used to archive them, but from 2007 onwards MIS does. They are definitely up somewhere though if you look hard enough.

The Frank White Fluid Mechanics book and accompanying solutions manual cover most of those questions too and in great detail. Should be more than sufficient to get a pass if you genuinely work on it. (speaking as somebody who repeated 2nd year fluid mechanics myself). The repeat papers may possibly, (if you're really lucky) contain questions similar to the summer exam. So make sure you can answer all this years questions. Cause a single question you recognise is an easy 33%.

As for Theory of Machines, I can't remember the exam as vividly but I know there was stuff that you could learn off by heart for it, and that was helpful in getting me get over 40%.

Overall it's a tough group, repeating Strengths myself. Dedicate a solid 2 weeks to them though and you'll be fine. Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cahill014

Thanks alot for that! I cant find grinds anywhere so i am just gonna try learn as much as i can for them. Were the repeats marked any easier do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cahill014

Also do you remember were the repeat results capped?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

As far as I know they are ya (But i could be wrong), So unless you did unreal in strengths, you should really aim for a pass in both rather than relying on compensation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement