Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good CO2 Pistol?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hey guys. I am looking to get a Co2 Blowback pistol as a sidearm to my primary.
    I was wondering what pistol do you guys recommend getting or have experience with?
    I am only looking for CO2 Blowbacks, no Green Gas and no NBBs please.
    I have a €150 budget max, but if it's really special I could stretch a bit further no problem.
    Thanks for the help.

Ps. It won't be only used for plinking. I will have use for it in skirmishes as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

With Co2 blowbacks there really is not a whole pile out there. Realistically you have:
    - KJW 1911A1 (+ MEU etc)
    - KJW Hi-Capa (KP05, 1911PD etc)
    - KJW KP06 (aka Rail Concept)
    - KJW M9
    - KWC PT99 (similar to M9)
    - KWC Desert Eagle
    - KWC 1911A1
    - KWC S&W Sigma 40F
    - WE Hi-Capa
    - WE M9
    - KWA/KSC Glock + RATech Co2 Magazine

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head, and I'm not really in the mood to look it up. Now, KJW are great pistols - they're built well (for the most part), and are both accurate and reliable. That is the pistol itself. Their Co2 magazines leave a little to be desired. They will eventually leak. They use nylon O-rings instead of rubber, due to the pressure of the Co2, but if they're not positioned exactly in the right place, you get a leak. The extreme cold of the Co2 also tends to make the valve stay slightly open, also causing a leak. It sounds serious, but it's not. It is just a bit of extra maintenance. All you need is a valve key, some grease, PTFE tape and if you're into upgrading performance, nitrite O-rings etc. From there, it's just a case of taking the time to maintain the mags.

KWC are not as accurate as KJW pistols, however they tend to have more reliable magazines. So what you lose in raw accuracy, you gain in reliability. That said the metal used is not as nice as on the KJW equivalent.

WE do not really have Co2 performance - they approached it with more restrictive valves, and so you do not gain all of the benefits of Co2 with their offerings.

I have absolutely 0 experience with the KSC/KWA Glock + RATech Co2 mag, so can't comment on performance unfortunately.

I currently own an admittedly stupid amount of pistols, and love them all in their own special way. But what am bestest? There isn't one. At all. Pistols are a very peculiar beast - you need to be looking at them in a different light, and you also need to be looking at your criteria for 'am bestest'.
    - Accuracy (you point, you shoot, you hit what you aimed at)
    - Consistency (your shot to shot grouping)
    - Economy (how much it costs to run i.e. how many shots per Co2 caplet)
    - Ergonomics (how comfortable it is in the hand, and how easy it is to manipulate)
    - Replication (how accurate the replica is to the real steel counterpart)
    - Build quality (quality of materials used)
    - Aftermarket support (upgrade parts available)

It is rare to find all features in one gun without making compromises in certain areas. You need to look at your criteria for quality, and then look at the models that remain once you have applied your own unique formula :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭brian888

Inari, that was an unexpectedly good reply. Seriously thanks.;)
    I'm going to look at all those pistols before getting mine.
    I have no particular experience at all when it comes to pistols so thanks again. :oI'll have to ask if I have any other questions.

- Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

brian888 wrote: »

the KWC 1911 you linked is an absolutely beautiful pistol, it kicks like a mule and has some serious accuracy but getting mags for it is a problem.
    I got a KJW M9 from hobbyairsoft as my first Co2 pistol and nevver looked back, it was accurate, good decent power and the mags are easy to get, it also takes standard green gaas M9 mags for those days when the weather seems to be okay.
    another interesting one I've had my eye on is this one:
    http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=855&category_id=21&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

the Co2 goes into the grip, the down side is that the mags are really ugly but the up side is no more one Co2 bulb per mag and the mags are dirt cheap, they're a tenner each while the pistol it self is also pretty cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

picked up one of these a while back. i like it, its similiar to what T4rget said about the 1911, teh CO2 fits into the grip so you get more than one mag per clip, the down side is the clips are butt ugly, very small and very hard to carry extra mags because of the size. spare mags run to about €10 each which is good, but they only hold 16 BBs so you wont be using it a hell of a lot unless you keep plenty of mags. nice kick to the blow back

• Advertisement

Thanks for the answers guys, really helps a lot. :D

Hey guys. What do you think of the Dan Wesson Revolvers?

brian888 wrote: »
    Hey guys. What do you think of the Dan Wesson Revolvers?

They're a full metal Co2 revolver - that's where it ends. They don't have a hop up, at all. In other countries this is compensated by the ridiculously high FPS (something like 3 joules in power). If you're looking for a revolver, realistically the only name in the game is Tanaka Works. They're known as the only skirmishable OOTB (out of the box) revolvers on the market.

Now, if you're particularly handy, you can mod the Dan Wesson to have a hop up...and if you're REALLY handy, you can make it an adjustable hop. So if you're looking for a Co2 full metal revolver, that's your only choice....but remember, it's NBB...so the performance benefits of Co2 are negligible.

I won't be getting it so! I kinda liked the look of it but I really want a blowback pistol. I am really narrowed down to the KWC Taurus PT99. Thanks again Inari.

Also, what do you think of the PT99?

I'm pretty indifferent to the PT99 to be honest - it's a nice reliable gun, with a good kick and capable of full auto...but I'm a traditional M9 fan, so things like the older frame-mounted safety annoy me. As a result I prefer my KJW Beretta M9A1, though next time I have money I'm treating myself to the KSC M9 - it's green gas, but oh so very very nice, and the most authentic M9 replica on the market (apart from maybe WA)

• Advertisement

Does that M9 take CO2? If so, Can I have a link to said gun please? :o

Advertisement