Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Pro replacement keyboard - Get one locally?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi everyone. Keyboard on my Macbook Pro 13" Early 2011 has been water damaged slightly and the bottom alphabetical keys are not working (z, x, c, v, b, n, m). Taken it apart already and gave it a good clean but didn't fix anything. Damage is done, and looks like I'm going to have to replace the keyboard.

Not a problem doing it myself, but an absolute pain to have to source one through Ebay or the likes. Finding a genuine Apple part is completely touch-and-go, most coming from the US which makes it very costly.

Is there anywhere in Dublin at all that I can get a new keyboard replacement? I'd probably be happy to pay over the odds to get one today or tomorrow rather than wait a few weeks for a delivery from abroad. Laptop is my work tool and I'm on the move a lot so having to remain stationary with an external keyboard is a pain (works fine with one; not a software issue).

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

I would say CompuB in Dublin is your easiest bet. I believe that Right-Click in Camden St and Dawson St now also do Apple Mac repairs, you can check with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I did the same thing, replacing the keyboard was an expensive exercise..... i went out an got a plastic keyboard cover to protect me from repeating my stupidity.

smurfjed

Advertisement