Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self publishing a very small run

Options
  • 26-07-2012 3:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭

I have the intention of getting a novella published, it's really quite poor and I know nobody will buy it. But I would enjoy type-setting, designing the cover etc. myself. What avenue would be best to get something like 20 copies made, even less? I wouldn't mind spending 20-30 euro per copy.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Maybe try lulu.com?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

i was just talking to someone in a graphic design course and he says a printing company would be able to print off a few in a book/booklet format. wonder if tha'ts true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If you want a softback with cheap paper and a matt card cover yes. We have a printer in our office that does software manuals. They're not all that pretty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

A printing company can make it as pretty as you like, or as you are willing to pay for. Problem is that printing twenty will cost as much as printing 200 or whatever their usual print run is so the fewer copies the more it costs per copy and it may be more than your budget but ask around. If they do that sort of work they will give you a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Create space no? Says here than 30 copies of a novella, if 100 pages, printed and delivered to Ireland costs 100€ https://www.createspace.com/Products/Book/

• Advertisement
Advertisement