Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to Register a Judgment?

Options
  • 26-07-2012 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Having been told different things by different people I'm a bit confused...
    Is there any need to register a judgment in order to obtain a judgment mortgage or an execution order? I can't see any need to register the judgment for this purpose but would be grateful if anyone could clarify the matter for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ifiwasonlyrich

If it ain't 'registered' it don't exist.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

Registering the judgment just means publishing it in the official gazette. It's a "name and shame" tactic that does nothing in an of itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Credit rating agencies only pick up registered judgements. That is the only benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Predalien wrote: »
    Having been told different things by different people I'm a bit confused...
    Is there any need to register a judgment in order to obtain a judgment mortgage or an execution order? I can't see any need to register the judgment for this purpose but would be grateful if anyone could clarify the matter for me.

Ok - I'm approaching this from the point of view of simple debt collection.

An Execution Order is the order you obtain from the Circuit Court confirming you are owed a debt.

You can register it the High Court Judgement Register - and it will then appear on legal searches and in Stubbs Gazette (although I was under the impression Stubbs also publish unregistered judgements).

You do not need to register it there, if you want to:
    a. Send it to the Sheriff
    b. Register it as a Judgement Mortgage

Advertisement